Canara Robeco Equity Hybrid fund can invest in equity and debt in 75:25 proportion. It brings the best of equity and debt asset class. The equity portion helps to get returns, and the debt portion provides a cushion. An aggressive hybrid category is less risky than a pure equity fund but can potentially offer equity returns in the long term.
- ASSET CLASS: Hybrid
- CATEGORY: Aggressive Hybrid Fund
- HORIZON: Medium to long term
- FUND MANAGER: Shridatta Bhandwaldar
- LAUNCH: 30-Nov-2009
- BENCHMARK: CRISIL Hybrid 35+65- Aggressive Index
The above chart shows that the fund has a good track record of delivering positive returns almost 90 times over the last 5 years.
In investing, being consistent with low volatility is more important. Canara Robeco Hybrid Equity fund delivers that – its average rolling return over the previous 5 years is 13.37%, with average volatility of 12.04%. This proves our case of having a fund with a better average return with low volatility.
Note: The above list of top 5 aggressive hybrid funds has been arrived at by analysing the following parameters. (1) Rolling Returns- Rolling return is calculated for a particular period continuously (or fixed frequency). Rolling returns can offer better insight into a fund’s more comprehensive return history.
(2)Positive % – It represents the fund’s frequency of generating positive returns historically.
Who should invest:
- First-time Equity Investors: to experience the flavour of equity
- Investors with a 3-5 years Investment Horizon: Having a definite goal
- Investors who are near their retirement age: to earn inflation-adjusted returns
Why invest in Canara Robeco Equity Hybrid Fund?
- A good balance of equity and debt ensures better returns than a debt fund with less risk. The fund manager ensures automatic rebalancing between equity and debt as per the economic situation.
- The investor gets an equity taxation benefit, i.e., only long-term capital gains are taxed in a year above Rs. 1 L.
- With the current scenario of rising interest rates and a volatile equity market, this fund makes a case for investing.